11 April 2009

Suit shopping

Earlier this afternoon, I was at Nino Ferretti with four friends, a bride, a groom, and two of his groomsmen.

4 yr old girl: My name is Bella.
26 yr old girl: Your name is Anna?
4 yr old girl: No, my name is Bella.
26 yr old girl: Your name is Bella? That is a pretty name.
4 yr old girl: What is your name?
26 yr old girl: My name is C__.
4 yr old girl: (pointing at best man) What is his name?
26 yr old girl: His name is J___.
4 yr old girl: (pointing at groom) What is his name?
26 yr old girl: His name is A___.
4 yr old girl: (pointing at groomsman) Is he your boyfriend?
26 yr old girl: No, he is not.

I really wanted to ask the little girl why she did not ask me for the third friend's name and instead asked if he was my boyfriend or not. Her mom called for her before I got a chance.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

He was probably tall, like you... ??

C'est la vie said...

No. He was not. I think he was the shortest of the three guys. "ODD," I say.

Unknown said...

Was he the only Asian? Was he standing closest to you? Was he actually your bf? hehe.

C'est la vie said...

Nope. They were all Asian and all walking away from me. I do not have a secret crush on him either. :-)

The take of a Chinese American tween living in Los Angeles